Points to be remember before powder coating.
- Make sure the powder coating substrate is free from oil, dust, welding & oxide scales (corrosion).
- Set up the powder coating gun parameters i.e., earth, airflow, voltage as recommended, this may vary depending upon the coating products.
- Worn out of venturi tubes, may affect your powder flow, replace as per the recommendations by gun manufacturer.
- Don’t operate gun very close to the components, maintain a gap of 10-15 inches away from it
- Calibrate ovens every six months to maintain ideal temperatures
- Ensure the component are free from moisture and residue of chemicals after pre-treatment process, failing may lead to powder coating peel off & craters
- Check moisture in compressed air, which may cause pin holing
- After every use, ensure the powders are free from contaminations and keep the cover tightly closed
- Store powder coating powders in a cool environment, the desired temperature should be below 30`C, high humidity may cause sticking of powders together and make lumps
- Test pre-treatment baths, like TDS of water, Ph Values before processing every time
- Maintain powder coating thickness between 70 – 100 Microns, over baking may sometimes causes craters and poor flexibility
- Ensure the coated component was completely cured, poor adhesion may result in poor impact and abrasion resistance